Blues Cruises • Portland Spirit
Cruise the beautiful Willamette River and hear the blues in an intimate setting on the Portland Spirit. A no-host hors d’oeuvres buffet and full bar are available on all cruises.
WED July 3, 2019 (7:30-10 pm) $50 SOLD OUT
Hoodoo Moon (Kickoff) Cruise ‘Howlin’ on the river’
• Lucious Spiller
• Curtis Salgado & Friends
• Sarah Grace of THE VOICE
• Jim Belushi
Help us kick off the festival at our Wednesday evening ‘Hoodoo Moon’ Cruise featuring Blues Award–winning vocalist/harmonica ace Curtis Salgado & Friends, Mississippi bluesman Lucious Spiller, the soulful and talented young multi-instrumentalist Sarah Grace from The Voice, and special guest Jim Bellushi.
THURS July 4, 2019 (3-5 pm) $40 SOLD OUT!!!
‘Driftin’ Blues Cruise ‘Give me the beat buoy’
• Mary Flower & Doug Cox
• Ron Artis II & the Truth
• Karen Lovely
• Too Slim & the Taildraggers
Acclaimed, up-and-coming Hawaiian bluesman Ron Artis II & the Truth, favorites at both Soul’d Out and Pickathon festivals last year, are joined by the rockin’ Too Slim & the Taildraggers, Blues Award nominated blues vocalist/songwriter Karen Lovely and her band, and the acclaimed acoustic-blues virtuosos Mary Flower (Portland) and Doug Cox (British Columbia)
FRI, July 5, 2019 (3-5 pm) $40SOLD OUT!!!
‘Blues Bayou’ Cruise ‘Fiyo on the Bayou’
• Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble
• Terry Hanck
• BrassRoots Movement
• Bayou Boys
Join Mysti Krewe of Nimbus and Cascade Zydeco Association on this cruise featuring the grooves of Louisiana zydeco, R&B, roots rock and funk. Louisiana’s masterful Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble set up the dance grooves on the middle deck. Lafayette, La. expatriate keyboardist Steve Kerin, and the Bayou Boys serve up New Orleans funk and R&B; Blues Award-winning saxophonist Terry Hanck and his seamless band cover everything from Fats Domino to Junior Walker. On the upper deck Portland’s BrassRoots Movement hold court with Crescent City brass band classics.
SAT July 6, 2019 (3-5 pm) $40 Advance
‘Sail on Sister’ Cruise ‘Wild women don’t have no blues’
• Pam Taylor
• NW Women in R&B “Tribute to Sister Rosetta Tharpe”
• Sister Mercy
Sonny Hess and NW Women in R&B pay tribute to the pioneering gospel/blues singer and guitarist, Sister Rosetta Tharpe. South Carolina’s up-and-coming Pam Taylor melds Americana-roots, country, and reggae influences into a modern take on the blues. Portland’s SISTER MERCY, fronted by mesmerizing vocalist April Brown, serve up high-energy rockin’ blues.
SAT July 6, 2019 (11 pm – 1 am) $40 Advance
Rock the Boat’ Dance Cruise ‘Jump, jive an’ sail’
• Lydia Pense & Cold Blood
• Norman Sylvester Band
• Rae Gordon Band
• Brother Yusef
Open to all who dig the groove of the blues, this cruise is geared to the dancers in the crowd. San Francisco’s legendary horn/funk band Lydia Pense & Cold Blood and the Norman Sylvester Band provide the soundtrack for this late night dance cruise. Also featured are multi-award-winning Rae Gordon Band from Portland, and Brother Yusef from S. California
General Information on Blues Cruises
- All Blues Cruises board from the seawall at S.W. Salmon and Naito Parkway, in front of Salmon Street Springs Fountain, just north of the Oregonian Front Porch Stage.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR PHOTO ID. All passengers 18 years of age and older must present photo ID upon boarding. All carry-on bags are subject to inspection, and passengers may be photographed.
- The cruises will head south up the Willamette River to Oregon City, and/or north past the Port of Portland docks.
- Wednesday Kick-off cruise boards at 7 pm, returning to dock at 10 pm (all ages)
- Afternoon cruises board 2:30 pm, returning to dock at 5 pm (all ages)
- Evening cruise boards at 10:30 pm, returning to dock at 1 am (21 and over)
- Blues Cruise tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Blues Cruise tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Don’t miss the boat! Purchase your ticket before the festival begins. The popular. Blues Cruises sell out quickly.